Sunday, September 1, 2013

UFC Benson Henderson



Last night we had a UFC watching party at our house.  UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship. It is the largest mixed martial arts company in the world, and only the top ranking fighters can participate.

Phil and I love to watch. It can be gory sometimes but most of the time it is a mixture of boxing, wrestling, and karate.   Last night my favorite UFC fighter, fought. Benson Henderson is from Colorado Springs and is outspoken about his faith in God.  You can tell from the moment he enters the octagon with ‘Our God is an Awesome God’ playing.

Henderson lost last night, but even while cringing in pain from an Arm Bar injury, he gave glory to God. He quoted Philippians 4:13.  His coach calls him God’s Warrior.

It made me think about my life.  Am I showing the world what I believe whether or not things are going my way? When the spotlight is on me, do I praise God and give him glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment