The next challenge starts June 1st! Join us!
TEAM FITNESS CHALLENGE!
- This is an 8-Week
Challenge that starts on a Monday, June 1st.
Sample points chart.
- Each person pays $20 to enter the challenge. There will be weekly prizes and the BIG prize at the end.
- There is a weekly point chart for each of the 8 weeks. (This will be posted on our Facebook Fitness Group page.)
- Beginning on Week #2 there will be a double point bonus (highlighted in yellow).
- You can exercise 7 days a week, but you will only receive points for exercising 6 days a week.
- You can choose to not eat sugar/treats 7 days a week, but you will only receive points for not eating sugar on 6 days per week.
- New for this challenge: You must have 4 people on your team. Please send me the name of your team and who is on that team.
- Before June 1st, please send me a picture of YOUR feet on the scale so I can see your starting weight.
- Weigh yourself anytime on Sunday and send me your ending weight for the week (NOT pounds lost). Make sure you weigh yourself under the same circumstances each week. We will assign points for weight lost and add that to your total. (For the nerds, the formula we will use is the percentage of weight lost that week times 150.)
- Tally up your weekly points from your point chart and send them to me by Midnight on Sunday. Points turned in on Monday will be worth only half.
- Weekly Prizes for the team who earns the most points that week.
- Grand Prize for the team with the most total points at the end of the challenge.
- Prizes will be awarded in the form of cash or gift cards.
Please send $20 entry fee by PayPal, using the address: MelindasFitness@gmail.com. Once I have received payment, I will add you to our Facebook group called Team Fitness Challenge. Please introduce yourself to the group when you are added.
A: For example, an 180 pound person needs to drink 90 oz. per day to get the points. This is capped at 100 oz., so if you weigh over 200 pounds, drink 100 oz. of water. Any non-carbonated, non-sugar, non-caffeinated drink qualifies as "water."
Q: What qualifies as "Encouraging a teammate"?
A: You can text, email, call, Facebook message, or talk to someone in person. Let's encourage each other!
Q: What constitutes as a fruit or vegetable serving size?
A: Here is a helpful link: http://goo.gl/gs71Zk
Q: What is considered a "sweet/sugary treat"?
A: I want you to find healthy alternatives to desserts and candy. On your sweets day, limit your intake of sweets to one serving only, not a gallon of ice cream! Make wise choices!
Q: What constitutes exercise?
A: Raise your heart rate for 30 or 45 minutes! You should be able to talk, but not carry on a conversation. Work out hard and you will see the results on the scale. Push yourself. If you want more information about where your heart rate should be, talk to me.
Q: How do I get started?
A: Send your $20 entry fee by PayPal using the address: MelindasFitness@gmail.com.
"Through this challenge, I realized I can make healthy choices and avoid unhealthy sweets. Thanks for giving me motivation to live a more healthy lifestyle." ~Shane