8 week Healthy Living Challenge begins
January 4th - February 29th
- Each person pays $20 to enter the challenge. There will be weekly prizes and the BIG prize at the end.
- Weekly Prizes for the person who earns the most points that week. (You may only win 1 weekly prize.)
- Grand Prize for the person with the most total points at the end of the challenge.
- Prizes will be awarded in the form of Walmart gift cards.
What you need to know:
- You can exercise 7 days a week, but you will only receive points each day for exercising up to 6 days aweek. Raise your heart rate for at least 30 minutes! You should be able to talk, but not carry on a conversation. Work out hard and you will see the results. Push yourself. If you want more information about where your heart rate should be, talk to me.
- You can choose to not eat sugar/treats 7 days a week, but you will only receive points each day for not eating sugar up to 6 days per week. I want you to find healthy alternatives to desserts and candy. On your sweets day, limit your intake of sweets to one serving only, not a gallon of ice cream! Make wise choices!
- You will get points for drinking 1/2 your weight in ounces of water. For example, an 180 pound person needs to drink 90 oz. per day to get the points. This is capped at 100 oz., so if you weigh over 200 pounds, drink 100 oz. of water. Any non-carbonated, non-sugar, non-caffeinated drink qualifies as "water."
- What constitutes as a fruit or vegetable serving size? Here is a helpful link: http://goo.gl/gs71Zk
- Weigh yourself anytime on Sunday . Make sure you weigh yourself under the same circumstances each week.
- Tally up your weekly points from your point chart and send them to me by Midnight on Sunday. Points turned in on Monday will be worth only half.
How do I get started?
- Please send $20 entry fee by PayPal, using the address: MelindasFitness@gmail.com. Once I have received payment, I will add you to our Facebook group called New Year Healthy Living Challenge. Please introduce yourself to the group when you are added.
- Before January 4th, please send me a picture of YOUR feet on the scale so I can see your starting weight.
- Print out the weekly point chart. (This will be posted on our Facebook Group page.)