Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ouch....waxing




OUCH! Is that what you think about waxing? Actually it isn’t that bad.  Today I went to Johannes’s school and got my eyebrows and arm pits waxed.  I get 50% off of services there so I figured I should give them a try.  I have done both eyebrows and armpits before so I knew what to expect and they did a great job. 

Here are some of the things I have learned about waxing.  I am not an aesthetician so make sure you ask lots of questions while making an appointment.

Before Waxing

-Take Tylenol or Advil 30-60 minutes before waxing.

-Make your appointment for a few days before an important event. This will allow time for any bumps or bruises to heal.

-Hair should be 1/4 inch long.  Ask when making an appointment for hair length every location is different. 4-6 weeks is normal

Waxing

-Hair will grow back slower and thinner than with shaving.  Over time, hair will grow finer, with less hair.

After waxing

-Do not wear deodorant for 24 hours

-Do not go swimming or use Hot Tub for 24 hours

-Do not touch the waxed area for 24 hours

I feel it is well worth the time and “pain” to get these services done. If you haven’t ever been waxed, give it a try.  Its not so bad!



Did you really think I would put a picture of my "hairy" armpits on here? Isn't he handsome!!!

1 comment: