Here's how I created these pumpkin flowers:
- I wanted to keep the Mums in their pots for now so I drew around the pot to show where to cut out.
- Then I had my husband cut it out for me. He's a nice guy so he did that.
- Then being the nice guy that he is, he dug all the grossness out.
- After that, I soaked the pumpkins in 1 gallon water with a few Tablespoons of bleach in it for 4 hours. I heard this is supposed to help preserve them. We will see. I have never done that before.
- After 4 hours I rinsed them out and put the flowers inside. I also wrapped burlap around them for decoration.
- The last step was to place them at the entrance of our house.